Why Is PBIS Important at Mascoutah Elementary School?
- creates a more positive culture in our school community
- challenges students and adults to maintain consistent expectations
- inspires positive behaviors within the learning environment
- empowers the decision-making process by utilizing behavioral data
- celebrates the accomplishments of individuals, groups, classes, and our entire school community
- utilizes both intrinsic recognition and extrinsic rewards
What Are the PBIS Expectations at Mascoutah Elementary School?
We expect all students, every day, to follow the ABCs by doing the following:
- Acting Responsibly
- Being Respectful
- Choosing Wisely
What Are Some Activities that My Child Will Experience Through PBIS?
- receive wampans from staff
- earn brag tags from staff
- win monthly rewards
- participate in group recognition and rewards and individual recognition and rewards
- celebrate with school
- individual reteach occurs with a student if a behavior occurs
- score quarterly pizza lunch with the Principals
- September: Hayride & Apples
- October: Inflatables
- November: Turkey Trot
- December: Game Day
- January: Snowball Mania
- February: Free Choice
- March: Extra Recess
- April: Sack Lunch at Scheve Park
- May: ?Mystery?