Mascoutah Chamber of Commerce

The Mascoutah Chamber of Commerce

The Mascoutah Chamber of Commerce was organized to promote business in the city of Mascoutah and the surrounding areas. Its roots started with the Mascoutah Commercial Club in the 1950’s. The name was changed to the Mascoutah Chamber of Commerce in the 1960’s. The Mascoutah Homecoming was originally run by the chamber and held on the grounds south of the bowling alley on George St. In 1958 -1959 the Chamber built the Mascoutah swimming pool in Sheve Park and operated it until it turned it over to the city of Mascoutah. The bowling alley, originally started by the Mascoutah Turnverein (Turners), was operated by the Chamber until 2011.

Profits from the bowling alley, membership and other fund raisers were used to:

  • Buy and pave the parking lots downtown

  • Build the swimming pool

  • Move the old dress factory

  • Help bring doctors in the community

  • Purchase Christmas decorations

  • Maintain the Santa Hut

  • Beautify downtown


Mascoutah Chamber of Commerce

200 East Main St. Suite 101


Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2017 West Corporation. All rights reserved.